Buy the Ai SolventVap 5.3G/20L Rotary Evaporator w/ Chiller & Pump 220V online from Kind Garden Supply today! FREE Shipping and Insurance to the Lower 48 States!
The Ai SolventVap cycle 20L rotational evaporators is nowadays ETL experienced in the direction of UL/CSA standards. This qualification is requisite before countless municipalities, also it as well provides a privileged ordinary of tools security as a consequence lifespan. furthermore imminent normal is the different plexiglass bath cover. specifically planned in support of Ai 20L SolventVap turning evaporators, this beneficial insurance strongly rests by a crown of the stream bath with ensures the paramount promising heat uniformity.
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. The process of rotary evaporation is most often used to separate solvents with low boiling points, such as n-hexane or ethyl acetate, from compounds that are solid at room temperature and pressure. However, careful application also allows for the removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound, if there is minimal co-evaporation (azeotropic behavior) and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
Example:The following table is a list of a variety of substances ordered by increasing vapor pressure (in absolute units).
The newly re-designed Ai SolventVap 5.3-gallon/20L/0.7 cu ft (evaporating flask capacity) series rotary evaporators come with all PTFE valves for solvent-resistant operations. We also lowered the height of assembled unit, for easy installation and ease of use and storage. Also come with them are vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 130 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 5.28 gallon (20 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 2.64 gallon (10 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- Free dual condenser and dual receiving flask, a $3,000 value
- Free stainless steel 20L evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions (a $299 value), custom made for Ai 20L SolventVap series rotary evaporators. This carrier can be placed on top of our 20L SolventVap's water bath for easy loading and unloading. It can also be used as a flask stand.
- New condenser insulation protects your glassware and increases cooling efficiency (included with rotovap purchase).
- New swivel casters can be adjusted for rotovap to stand securely on uneven floor.
- Water bath cover enhances safety by protecting evaporating flask and the material inside; it gives you uniform temperature inside evaporation flask as well as energy saving by reducing heat loss. It also creates a better lab environment by preventing heat and humidity from escaping.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.
Your safety is important to us! Please use caution when operating. Users of glass reaction equipment must take all necessary precautions to avoid contact with rotating parts, particularly entanglement of loose clothing, hair, necklaces, or other jewelry. Under these circumstances, the winding action of the rotating parts can draw the user(s) into the apparatus, resulting in breakage of glassware, burns, and/or chemical exposure. Extra caution must also be taken when operating with air-reactive materials, especially under vacuum. A leak can draw air into the apparatus and cause a violent reaction to occur.
| Electrical requirements
||220V 50/60Hz single phase, 20A, 4300 watt (rotation motor: 300 watts)|
|Glass material||High borosilicate glass 3.3|
| Evaporating flask
Capacity: 5.28 gallon (20 liters or 0.7 cu ft)
Maximum load: Not to exceed 60% of the flask's capacity
Sealing flange: 4.9" diameter
Rotation speed: 10 to 130 rpm
Evaporating speed: 1 gallon/hour (water), 2 gallon/hour (alcohol)
| Receiving flask
|| 2.64 gallon (10 liters or 0.35 cu ft)
|Condenser|| Glassware: Main + auxiliary triple-circulating cold traps, vertical
Chilling fluid conneciton: 3/8" hose barb x 4 (2 on main + 2 on auxiliary)
Main condenser: 9,480 cm2 or 10.2 sq ft
Auxiliary condenser: 3,580 cm2 or 3.9 sq ft
| Working environment
|| 5 to 95°F
| Water bath
|| Temperature range: ambient to 99°C (210°F)
Temperature controller: digital
Dimensions: 17.5" diameter x 9.8" depth x 12" height
Material: stainless steel
Media: distilled water only
Max. water level: not to exceed 1" from the top rim of the bath
Number of heaters: two
Drain port: one
Exterior liner: rubber
Maximum lifting distance: 7.5 inches
|| Level: < 3 torrs
Sealing: PTFE + Viton gaskets
Connector: 3/8" hose barb x 1
|Swivel casters||Four, built-in with locks|
|Safety|| Dry-run, over-temp shut-off, built-in circuit breakers
|Shipping weight||238 Lb (evaporator), 130 Lb (glassware)|
| Unit/shipping dimensions
||49 x 23.5 x 82.5" / 41 x 24 x 48" (evaporator), 34 x 29 x 33" (glassware) (WxDxH)|
|Download||Ai rotary evaporator brochure|
SE53-S1 Standard Package
|Ai 220V C30-30 -30°C/-22°F 30L capacity recirculating chiller and accessories||1 set|
|Welch 220V 2052 2.3 cfm 1.5 torr 4-head diaphragm pump and vacuum hose||1 set|
| Ai 220V SolventVap 5.3-gallon rotary evaporator and water bath
| Dual main condensers with sleeves
Single auxiliary condenser with sleeve
| 5.3G/20L/0.7 cu ft round shaped rotating evaporating flask, glass
| Dual 10L receiving flasks
| Silicone vacuum tubing
| Vapor duct & evaporation flask seal (pre-installed)
| Glass material feeding port with PTFE open/close valve and PTFE extension tube
| Stainless steel pole & mechanical vacuum gauge
| Flask/condenser support x 2, bracket x 1
| FLask quick clamp and PTFE centering rings
| GL18 connector
| Evaporating flask cap spanner, allen key & screws
|NEMA L6-30 30A 250V power plug||Installed on rotovap|
|Ai 20L stainless steel flask carrier / stand||1 pc|
|Ai plexglass bath cover for 20L SolventVap||1 pc|
|User's manual||2 pcs
FREE shipping to the Lower 48 States. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, Please contact us for a shipping quote.
All orders are processed from 9am to 6pm Central time. Orders recieved after hours or on the weekends will be processed the next business day.
All orders canceled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
There is a 30-day return policy from when the carrier has confirmed delivery to residence to when a return request has been submitted. Return policies do not transfer to patrons who are not the purchasing customer unless the items were noted as a gift at checkout and the same applies to warranty cases.
- Items must be returned in original packaging.
- Items must be returned in undamaged condition and free of any signs of usage such as: botanical material, resins, cleaning agents, stickers, decals, etc.
- Items showing signs of damage, usage, opened packaging, or wear and tear will result in a 25% restocking fee. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is an automatic 15% restocking fee on all items unused and in original packaging unless the items are exchanged for something of equal or lesser value. NO STORE CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN.
- It is recommended to insure your item against any shipping damage by the carrier. When the delivery date of your return has been confirmed by the carrier, it may take up to 24-72 hours to process the order, inspect the item, and test the item (depending on reason for the return). Once the item has been processed, a refund will be issued for the original purchase price of the item. (Note: a 15% or 25% charge may be applied if the item has been determined as used or damaged).
- Shipping charges will not be refunded, unless items prove to be defective upon arrival, in which case carrier is responsible for initial shipping charge.
(Note: it may take several additional business days for your Credit Card to show the refund on your account. All payments made using E-checks may take 3-15 business days to be refunded.)