Buy Ai SolventVap 13G/50L Rotary Evaporator Motorized+Manual Lift online from Kind Garden Supply today!
FREE Shipping and Insurance to the Lower 48 States!
Ai SolventVap 50L series rotary evaporators is now ETL tested to UL/CSA standards, this certification is required by many municipalities, and it also provides a higher standard of equipment safety and lifespan. SolventVap comes standard with vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control, while Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which include dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
The rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 180 pm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 13.2 gallons (50 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 5.28 gallon (20 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condensers are great for the distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- UL 61010-1 and CSA C22.2 certified, standard (a $3,000 value). CE certification optional.
- Dual receiving flask, standard (a $1,700 value)
- New condenser insulation sleeves increase safety by protecting lab personnel from injury, in case of shattered glass caused by thermal shock. They also protect glassware and increase cooling efficiency (included with rotovap purchase).
- Water bath cover enhances safety by protecting the evaporating flask and the material inside; it gives you the uniform temperature inside the evaporation flask as well as energy-saving by reducing heat loss. It also creates a better lab environment by preventing heat and humidity from escaping.
- New swivel casters can be adjusted for rotovap to stand securely on uneven floors.
- Come standard with stainless steel 50L evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions, custom made for Ai 50L SolventVap series rotary evaporators. This carrier can be placed on top of our 50L SolventVap's water bath for easy loading and unloading, or used as a flask stand.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- A specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Additional manual water bath lift provides you peace of mind in case of power failure.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.
Your safety is important to us! Please use caution when operating. Users of glass reaction equipment must take all necessary precautions to avoid contact with rotating parts, particularly entanglement of loose clothing, hair, necklaces, or other jewelry. Under these circumstances, the winding action of the rotating parts can draw the user(s) into the apparatus, resulting in the breakage of glassware, burns, and/or chemical exposure. Extra caution must also be taken when operating with air-reactive materials, especially under vacuum. A leak can draw air into the apparatus and cause a violent reaction to occur.
| Electrical requirements
|| 220V 50/60Hz single phase, 29A, 6400 watts (rotation speed: 400 watts)
|Glass material||High borosilicate glass 3.3|
| Evaporating flask
Capacity: 13.2 gallons (50 liters or 1.8 cu ft)
Maximum load: Not to exceed 60% of the flask's capacity
Sealing flange: 4.9" diameter
Rotation speed: 10 to 110 pm
Evaporating speed: 2 gallon/hour (water), 4 gallon/hour (alcohol)
| Receiving flask
|| 5.28 gallon (20 liters or 0.7 cu ft)
|Condenser|| Glassware: Main + auxiliary triple-circulating cold traps, vertical
Chilling fluid connection: 3/8" hose barb x 4 (2 on main + 2 on auxiliary)
Main condenser: 11,500 cm2 or 12.4 sq ft
Auxiliary condenser: 4,000 cm2 or 4.3 sq ft
| Working environment
|| 5 to 95°F
| Water bath
|| Temperature range: ambient to 99°C (210°F)
Temperature controller: digital
Dimensions: 22.1" diameter x 12.2" height
Material: stainless steel
Media: distilled water only
Max. water level: not to exceed 1" from the top rim of the bath
Number of heaters: three
Drain port: one
Lifting: Motorized + manual
Maximum lifting distance: 9 inches
|| Ultimate vacuum level: < 3 torrs
Sealing: PTFE + Viton gaskets
Connection: 3/8" hose barb x 1
|Safety|| Dry-run, over-temp shut-off, built-in circuit breakers
Unit: 52 x 30 x 92" (fully assembled)
Shipping: 46 x 28 x 58" (Evaporator), 41 x 34 x 32" (glassware)
|Shipping weight||525 Lbs|
|Compliance|| UL 61010-1: 2012 Ed.3 + R: 29 Apr 2016
CSA C22.2# 61010-1-12: 2012 Ed.3+ U1; U2 (R2017)
CE (Only available in 380V 50Hz, 3-Phase)
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. The process of rotary evaporation is most often used to separate solvents with low boiling points, such a n-hexane or ethyl acetate, from compounds which are solid at room temperature and pressure. However, careful application also allows for the removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound, if there is minimal co-evaporation (azeotropic behavior) and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
Example:The following table is a list of a variety of substances ordered by increasing vapor pressure (in absolute units).
| Ai SolventVap 13-gallon rotary evaporator and water bath
|Vapor filtering bottle||1 pc|
| Vertical main and auxiliary condensers with insulation sleeves
| 13.2G/50L/1.8 cu ft round shaped evaporating flask, glass
| 20L dual receiving flask
| Three-way tee vapor buffering flask, glass
| Glass vapor duct with seal (pre-installed)
|PTFE vacuum sealing kit (pre-installed)||2 pcs|
| Receiving flask glass vacuum port with PTFE open/close valve, glass
| Glass material feeding tube with PTFE open/close valve and PTFE extension feeding hose
| Stainless steel pole and mechanical vacuum gauge
|Rubber-wrapped support and bracket||4 pcs|
| Flask quick clamp with PTFE centering ring
| GL18 connector
| Evaporating flask cap spanner, allen key & screws
|NEMA L6-30 30A 250V power plug||Installed on rotovap|
|Ai 50L stainless steel flask carrier / stand||1 pc|
|Ai plexiglass bath cover for SolventVap 50L||1 pc|
|User's manual||1 pc
FREE shipping to the Lower 48 States. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, Please contact us for a shipping quote.
All orders are processed from 9am to 6pm Central time. Orders recieved after hours or on the weekends will be processed the next business day.
All orders canceled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
There is a 30-day return policy from when the carrier has confirmed delivery to residence to when a return request has been submitted. Return policies do not transfer to patrons who are not the purchasing customer unless the items were noted as a gift at checkout and the same applies to warranty cases.
- Items must be returned in original packaging.
- Items must be returned in undamaged condition and free of any signs of usage such as: botanical material, resins, cleaning agents, stickers, decals, etc.
- Items showing signs of damage, usage, opened packaging, or wear and tear will result in a 25% restocking fee. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is an automatic 15% restocking fee on all items unused and in original packaging unless the items are exchanged for something of equal or lesser value. NO STORE CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN.
- It is recommended to insure your item against any shipping damage by the carrier. When the delivery date of your return has been confirmed by the carrier, it may take up to 24-72 hours to process the order, inspect the item, and test the item (depending on reason for the return). Once the item has been processed, a refund will be issued for the original purchase price of the item. (Note: a 15% or 25% charge may be applied if the item has been determined as used or damaged).
- Shipping charges will not be refunded, unless items prove to be defective upon arrival, in which case carrier is responsible for initial shipping charge.
(Note: it may take several additional business days for your Credit Card to show the refund on your account. All payments made using E-checks may take 3-15 business days to be refunded.)