Estimated Arrival: Between Dec 01 and Dec 08. *ETA to USA Only.
Buy the BVV 50L ECO Rotary Evaporator online from Kind Garden Supply today! FREE Shipping and Insurance to the Lower 48 States! Lowest Price Guarantee!
- Glass Material: GG-17 High Borosilicate Glass
- Shelf Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Pot Material: Stainless Steel, Fully sealing and heating
- Rotary Bottle Capacity: 50L
- Collection Bottle Capacity: 20L
- Rotary Power: 220v-50/60hz
- Rotary Speed: 20-110rpm
- Heating Power: 4300w
- Bath Temperature Control Range: RT+5c-85c
- Digital Temperature Control
- Temperature Control Accuracy: +/-1C
- Lifting Mechanism: Electric
- Dimensions Assembled (LxWxH in.): 54x32x82
- Weight: 165 LBS
Please note this unit does not come with a plug, as it is designed to be hard-wired into a junction box by a qualified electrician.
“Continuous Feed” Operating Procedure:
This procedure is the most efficient way to run a rotovap. It will give you the fastest speeds, with minimal heat load to the chiller. This procedure is meant to be a basic starting point for anyone new to using rotovaps. It assumes you are evaporating an ethanol solution for recovery and reuse of the ethanol. Once you have mastered this procedure, you can begin adjusting the parameters to suit your specific needs.
- Clean and assemble unit. Make sure all pieces are cleaned and sterilized using an alcohol solution.
- Connect chiller to condenser and set to 0C (32F). Always fill a rotovap condenser from the top down (chiller output to top of condenser, chiller input to bottom of condenser).
- Connect vacuum pump to cold trap and connect cold trap to vacuum port on rotovap.
- Turn on heat bath and set to 40C (113F).
- Once heat bath, chiller and cold trap have reached desired temperatures, turn on rotovap motor and set speed to approximately 100 RPM (does not have to be precise).
- Start vacuum pump and allow vacuum to pull down for a few minutes before injection.
- Once vacuum has been pulled to a sufficient level (does not have to be precise but should be below 100 Torr), using the injection valve, very slowly inject approximately 500 mL of solution into evaporating flask and then close the valve. Allow this small amount to begin evaporating. You may see the chiller begin to rise in temperature, this is called “priming” the rotovap.
- Once the temperature stops rising or all liquid is almost completely evaporated, open the injection valve again very slowly so that a small amount of liquid begins to enter the evaporating flask. Do not close injection valve this time but continue to allow solution to enter the evaporating flask.
- At this point you must try to match the input speed to the output speed. What this means is that you should be injecting the same amount of liquid into the rotovap that is equal to the amount of liquid dripping from the condenser into the receiving flask. You will know that the input speed and output speed are matched because the chiller will remain at a stable temperature. If the chiller begins to rise, then you are injecting too much liquid. Dial back the valve until the chiller stabilizes.
- Once everything is stabilized, you may walk away from the rotovap if necessary. Check every so often to make sure temperatures remain stable and evaporation continues efficiently.
-Does not include: Chiller, Vacuum System, Cold Trap
-Requires Assembly***Note: All units are inspected for broken glass or parts before unit is shipped. If unit arrives damaged or glass is broken (this does not include minor imperfections or scuffs in glassware), Customer MUST contact BVV™ within 3 days of delivery to file a claim and receive a replacement part. If customer DOES NOT contact BVV™ within 3 days of delivery responsibility for replacement parts falls on the customer and they must pay for replacement pieces.***
***Note: This item will ship by freight only.***
***Disclaimer: This unit is intended for LEGAL purposes only, to be used in accordance with local laws and ordinances. Use only in WELL VENTILATED AREAS!***
***Glassware Safety Disclaimer: BVV™ is not responsible for failure of glassware which must be inspected before and after every use because it may eventually develop imperfections or damage through normal usage, mishandling, and stress caused by temperature variations. If an imperfection or damage is noted while inspecting the glassware DO NOT use the glassware because it can fail causing bodily harm or damage to the surrounding area.***
FREE shipping to the Lower 48 States. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, Please contact us for a shipping quote.
All orders are processed from 9am to 6pm Central time. Orders recieved after hours or on the weekends will be processed the next business day.
All orders canceled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
There is a 30-day return policy from when the carrier has confirmed delivery to residence to when a return request has been submitted. Return policies do not transfer to patrons who are not the purchasing customer unless the items were noted as a gift at checkout and the same applies to warranty cases.
- Items must be returned in original packaging.
- Items must be returned in undamaged condition and free of any signs of usage such as: botanical material, resins, cleaning agents, stickers, decals, etc.
- Items showing signs of damage, usage, opened packaging, or wear and tear will result in a 25% restocking fee. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is an automatic 15% restocking fee on all items unused and in original packaging unless the items are exchanged for something of equal or lesser value. NO STORE CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN.
- It is recommended to insure your item against any shipping damage by the carrier. When the delivery date of your return has been confirmed by the carrier, it may take up to 24-72 hours to process the order, inspect the item, and test the item (depending on reason for the return). Once the item has been processed, a refund will be issued for the original purchase price of the item. (Note: a 15% or 25% charge may be applied if the item has been determined as used or damaged).
- Shipping charges will not be refunded, unless items prove to be defective upon arrival, in which case carrier is responsible for initial shipping charge.
(Note: it may take several additional business days for your Credit Card to show the refund on your account. All payments made using E-checks may take 3-15 business days to be refunded.)